September 11, 2019
At approximately 3:41 PM Officers responded to a report of smoke in a building on Addington Road. Members from the Brookline Fire Department arrived on scene and made their way into the building. They observed smoke in the hallway. Fearing for the safety of the resident, the firefighters made entry in the apartment. The source of the smoke was from food in an oven that had been left unattended. The resident of the apartment returned home shortly after and was informed of the situation. No structure damage was reported.