At the June 19 School Committee meeting, the School Committee, Superintendent Bott, colleagues, friends, and families honored nine PSB employees who have served the Brookline Public Schools for thirty years. Superintendent Bott opened the evening by thanking those being recognized and asking those gathered to reflect on how many students each of these people has supported, inspired, and helped to reach their goals over the course of their careers in Brookline.
The PSB employees recognized for 30 years of service in 2018 are:
- Ed Clancy – Supervisor of Custodial Services
- Brian Crapo – Coolidge Corner School
- Liz Gelotte – Coolidge Corner School
- Oakely Hoerth – Coolidge Corner School
- Jimmie Mallett – Brookline High School
- Mary O’Connell – Brookline Early Education Program
- Dave O’Hara – Coolidge Corner School
- Shelley Stevens – Brookline High School
- Beth Williams – Coolidge Corner School
School Committee member Barbara Scotto closed the proceedings by thanking the staff for their tremendous service. Ms. Scotto also pointed out that these people’s dedication, commitment to students and the community, their high standards, and how they collaborate with colleagues have helped to create and perpetuate the strong schools and school communities we have in Brookline.
See photos of all of our 30 year veterans and their colleagues who introduced them.